Senior Visual Arts teacher
Heritage College Lake Macquarie 2013-present
Facilitator and Designer of the Year 7-10 (Stage 4 & 5) Visual Arts Curriculum and Faculty Program:
-Classroom and Behaviour Management
-Learning Content: Programming, Production and Management
-Ability to communicate concrete and abstract concepts to students
-Ability to spot and cultivate creativity
-Teaching Resource Development and refinement.
-Prepare and implement lesson plans
-Address various learning styles to suit a variety of student needs
-Implement subject-specific frameworks and standards relevant to the Australian Curriculum.
-Collaboration with teachers and School staff in oder to foster an enjoyable, integrated and safe learning envionment for students.
-Reporting on Students Progress.
-Deep knowledge of subject matter, theory and practical, and standards
-Excellent written and oral communication skills
-Demonstrate the use of art materials and tools such as oils, watercolours, palettes and palette knives, brushes, pens, pencils, dyes, clay, fabric, canvas and paper
Heritage College Lake Macquarie 2017-present
-Stage 5 Australian Curriculum.
Other Professional Experience:
Kotara High School Internship (2011) Grades 7-12 Visual Art,Visual Design, Photography, Sculpture Classes, Groves Christian College (QLD) Practicum, Grades 7-11(2010), Morisset High School Practicum Grades 7-10 (2009).
Lecturer in Visual Communication Design
University of Newcastle, School of Creative Industries (2018-present)
- Course Co-ordinator: 2018. Semester 1- DESN 3005: Design Contexts 5- Design Research Methodologies
- 2018. Semester 1- DESN 1001: Design Contexts 1- What- Definitions, Theories and Practices of Design.
- 2018. Semester 2- DESN 1002: Design Contexts 1- When- Histories of Visual Communication Design.
- 2018. Semester 2- DESN 1021: Design Projects 2- Visual Design Thinking.
University of Newcastle, School of Design, Communication and IT (2015)
- Casual Academic/Course Coordinator for Semester 1, 2015:- DESN 3005: Design Contexts- Design Research Methodologies
University of Newcastle, School of Creative Industries (2017-2018)
- Lecturer and Tutor 2017. Semester 1- DESN 3005: Design Contexts 5- Design Research Methodologies
University of Newcastle, School of Education (2017-present)
- Co-ordinator/Tutor 2017: Semester 1- EDUC4099: Specialist studies in Senior Visual Arts
- Co-ordinator/Tutor 2017: Semester 1- EDUC2071: Specialist studies in Junior Visual Arts
- Co-ordinator/Tutor 2017: Semester 1- EDUC6371: Specialist studies in Junior Visual Arts
- Co-ordinator/Tutor 2018: Semester 1- EDUC4099: Specialist studies in Senior Visual Arts
-Managing Tertiary Student progress to a broad set of outcomes.
-Foster a learning environment that promotes critical thinking and rigorous investigation.
-provide accurate and consistent information.
-Develop suitable educational resources, links and online learning platforms that facilitate multi-modal learning.
-Clarify program requirements, policies and procedures to students.
-Assist students in identifying appropriate institutional resources
-Facilitate relationships between the students and other individuals on campus who may provide assistance
-Uphold the academic standards of the institution
-Interpret and provide rationale for institutional policies, procedures, and requirements.
-Exhibits effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Interactive Tutorial and Lecture Presentations
-Administration of Course Delivery